- In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most MercifulWelcome to the Panjtan Society of Victoria. The Panjtan Society of Victoria (PSV) is a non-profit registered organization of the Shia Ithna Asheri Muslim community of Melbourne, Australia [Melbourne Shia Community, Shias in Melbourne, Shias in Australia]. It is serving the religious and educational needs of over 600 members of the Urdu speaking community of India, Pakistan, East Africa, Singapore and Afghanistan.The society was formed in 1989 on a very small scale, consisting of just a few members. With the passage of time, as the Shia Ithna-Asheri started migrating to this part of the world, the society has grown dramatically in terms of both members and the activities. The PSV has secured its own Imambargah (religious place) which was purchased in December 1996 (called Panjtan Centre).
The PSV is also a member of The World Federation of KSI London.
The major activities of the PSV consist of religious, educational and social activities for all sectors of the community including:
- Daily Salaat-e-Jama’at prayers
- Salaat-e-Jum’ua prayer and Dua-e-Nudba after Fajr Salaat on Friday
- Tafseer-e-Quran after Fajr Salaat on Sundays
- Majalis, Du’a-e-Kumail and Ziyarat-e-Waritha on Thursdays
- Majalis/Dars/Mehfil on Wiladats, Wafaats and other occasions
- Fiqh classes for Adults conducted on as needed basis
- Majalis on Ashura day, Eid days and on monthly basis at Fawkner Qabristan (PSV section)
- Educational seminars and lectures with guest speakers
- Islamic Madrasah (Panjtan School) for children on Sundays
- Qur’an and Tajweed classes for children on weeknights in different areas
- Nikkah and Marriage Counseling
- Youth camps during school holidays
- Sports activities and annual sports festival
- Annual Muharram program (organise at least two ashra-e-majalis)
- Annual Ramadan program for all 30 days
- Tableegh Activities:
- Panjtan Website
- Panjtan Library
- Panjtan eGroup
- Panjtan Newsletter
The community continues to grow as a number of families each year make Melbourne their new home. Today our community includes among its regular participants Shia Muslims of diverse cultures and origins. We pray to Allah (SWT) that our community continues to prosper in the spirit of co-operation and sincere brotherhood and that the Panjtan Centre (Imambargah) may continue to be used in the true spirit of Islam, earning the pleasure of Allah (SWT) as we anxiously await the reappearance of our 12th Imam Al-Hujjat ibn Al-Hassan Al-Mahdi Sahibuz Zamaan (AS).