- To undertake whatever may be deemed necessary and feasible for the preservation, propagation and practice of articles of faith among Shias.
- To provide facilities, wherever possible, conducive to the educational, economic and social welfare of Shias and to lead to a greater understanding and cooperation among them.
- To propagate, inculcate and promote understanding of Islam and Islamic values according to the teachings of Ja’fari School of Thought.
- To undertake all such things which are deemed to be conducive to preserve and promote greater harmony and understanding with the members of other faiths and other communities at large.
- To provide financial assistance and voluntary services on humanitarian grounds to needy people within and outside Australia. To undertake joint projects with other charitable organisations whether incorporated or not to facilitate the achievement of Society’s objects.
- To affiliate with or assist in the establishment of any umbrella organisation of similar societies. To provide Islamic marriage and divorce solemnizing services to members of the community . To provide and facilitate Islamic funeral services for members and other Muslims in need of such services.
- To raise funds by all lawful means, enter into contracts, arrangements, and agreements and utilise the funds for the furtherance of the above objectives. In particular the Society shall have the powers
To purchase, take on lease or in exchange, hire and otherwise acquire any lands, buildings, easements or property, real and personal, and any rights or privileges which may be required for the purposes of, or capable of being conveniently used in connection with, any of the objectives of the Society. Provided that the Society shall take or hold any property which may be subject to any trust, the Society shall only deal with the same in such manner as is allowed by law having regards to such trusts.
- To enter into any arrangements with any Government or Authority that are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objectives and the exercises of the powers of the Society, to obtain from any such Government or Authority any rights, privileges and concessions which the Society may think desirable to obtain, and to carry out, exercise and comply with any such arrangements, rights, privileges and concessions.
- To construct, improve, maintain, develop, work, manage, carry out, alter or control any houses, buildings, grounds, works or conveniences which may seem necessary directly or indirectly to advance the Society’s interests, and to contribute to, subsidize or otherwise assist and take part in the construction, improvement, maintenance, development, working, management, carrying out, alteration or control thereof.
- To invest and deal with the money of the Society not immediately required in such manner as may from time to time be thought fit. To borrow money in such manner as may be thought proper such as Overdraft, Mortgage, Secured or Unsecured Loan against Society’s assets and Qarz-e-Hasana (Interest free loan given for the sake of Allah (swt)). To sell, improve, manage, develop, exchange, lease, dispose of, turn to account or otherwise deal with all or any part of the property and rights of the Society with the consent of the trustees.
- To take or hold mortgages, liens or charges, to secure payment of the purchase price, or any unpaid balance of the purchase price, of any the Society’s property of whatsoever kind sold by the Society, or any money due to the Society from purchases and others. To take any gift of property whether subject to any special trust or not, for any one or more of the objectives of the Society.
- To take such steps by personal or written appeals, public meetings or otherwise, as may from time to time be deemed expedient for the purpose of procuring contributions to the funds of the Society, in the shape of donations, annual subscriptions or otherwise. To do all such things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objectives and the exercise of the powers of the Society.